Saturday night, Fresno's Couch Riding Scene took a major blow to its coolness factor. The Fresnans that forgoed their couches and Giant games to experience what Fresno's musicians have to offer, and to see what Downtown Fresno can look like FUSEd with music, need some applause today. We saw a lot of great people out there enjoying themselves at F.u.S.E. Fest 2010 and being part of the solution - the problem being getting Fresnans to come out to locally grown things. Let's hope the positive vibes carry over into F.u.S.E. 2011 and we see more people out there.
Some highlights for us:
- A bustling Fulton Street.
- Hearing people talk about how they'd never been to this part of town and how cool it is.
- Every age group was there.
- The band Whiskey & The Devil Chaplin finishing their stellar set at one end of Frank's Place. Then, Trumpet Solo took one perfectly timed beat and started their set at the other end of Frank's, enticing the whole crowd to move over to them. Never seen something like that before and it was cool.
- Dusty Buns impressing all and running out of every morsel of food.
- Fresnans discovering and being impressed by bands they had previously not known existed.
- The Fishbowl stage: