As a result of the restoration of the San Joaquin River, the SJR once again makes it all the way to the Pacific Ocean. It's been quite some time since that happened.
So this basically means the water running along side Fresno's NW border, is deeper and filled with wild possibilities for Fresno area folks. These are the five most awesome possibilities:
- River Boat Gambling. It's a fight between Chukchansi and Table Mountain to see who gets the first black jack table on the water.
- Ability for our garbage to float into the San Fransisco Bay. The Bay Area's smog has been floating into our valley forever, time for some payback.
- Firebaugh will become the new Lake Havasu. Seriously, Firebaugh could totally be the spring break capital, just like Lake Havasu. The Eastern border of Downtown Firebaugh is the river. We're buying our Firebaugh house to rent out, right now.
- Frankenfish. Forget some whale finding its way upstream, we think there's a Frankenfish sighting in Fresno's future... or a really bigass catfish.
- Speed boat rides to San Fransisco. Yeah, a high speed rail coming through town would be great, but would it be better than cruising to the bay Miami Vice Style.